TFTC Quick Installation
From Emperor's Hammer Encyclopaedia Imperia
This is a quick guide on how to install X-Wing Alliance TIE Fighter Total Conversion on your computer. The aim is to keep it fast and simple. Be sure to follow all the steps in sequence.
- 50GB Free Space
- Run all installations as the Admin
- Perform the steps below in sequence
Need to install X-Wing Alliance (XWA), X-Wing Alliance Upgrade (XWAU) and TIE Fighter Total Conversion Re-Imagined (TFTC-R).
Stage 1: Install XWA and XWAU
- Install XWA Vanilla GOG version (You can purchase your own copy here: https://www.gog.com/game/star_wars_xwing_alliance)
- Once installed, run XWA with a token pilot
- Visit https://www.xwaupgrade.com/index.php?action=downloads
- Download and install the Mega Patch XWAU (2 GB) from https://www.xwaupgrade.com/download/installers/XWAU2020.exe
- Select the correct Aspect Ratio (Default / 16:9 / 16:10 based on YOUR display settings). The most common ratio in today's computers is 16:9. If you are unsure what your aspect ratio is, you can check it in your computer's display settings by right-clicking with your mouse on the desktop.
- Once installed, run XWAU with a token pilot
Stage 2: Install TFTC-R
- Visit https://www.moddb.com/mods/tie-fighter-total-conversion-tftc/downloads
- Download and install the full 1.2 release from https://www.moddb.com/mods/tie-fighter-total-conversion-tftc/downloads/tie-fighter-total-conversion-tftc-v12-full-patch (9.4 GB)
- Select Updated Tutorial Missions at the bottom of the installation
- Very Important: Once the installation is complete, launch the alliance.exe and choose the Palpatine Total Converter
- Select Customize your X-Wing Alliance: Load a Total Conversion
- Select Convert your X-Wing Alliance: Switch to the Dark Side (TFTC Reimagined)
- Very Important: Select Total Conversion Reimagined
- Launch the game and press ESC (Escape Key).
- Under Video Options, goto Hardware Only Video Options and set the Lens Flare to OFF
In-Flight Control Changes
- Slam Key = toggle K (the accelerator for the Missile Boat)
- To open your S-Foils = close landing gear: Control + L and then press V
- 13 minute video for the TFTC Installation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xkTvWJ6CW0&t=0s
- Joystick Preset Config Options: https://github.com/edemirkan/tftc-joystick-resources
- You can also check the XWA Upgrade extended installation guide
- XWAU Forums offer a significant resource for any troubleshooting []
- One error that has been seen is the use of special effects, this can cause jittery behaviour or even the game to crash when you enter a mission. This appears to related to onboard GPUs and can be fixed by using the Babu Frik tool that ships with XWAU to disable the effects (when you hover over the text it will inform you that it will install the JeremyaFr's ddraw.dll).
(If in trouble, contact Genie)