A Battlegroup Commander commands a taskforce which usually consists of 1-3 Imperial-class Star Destroyers and various support vessels. The Battlegroup Commander oversees the operation of these ships, the wings contained within, and all personnel contained as well.
As of 2009, this position is not currently in use in the TIE Corps.
- Oversee the operations of the Battlegroup.
- Provide the battlegroup with bi-weekly Battlegroup Reports.
- Keep in contact with Commodores.
- Appoint Commodores and Wing Commanders (in some cases).
- Review medal recommendations from Commodores and Wing Commanders.
- Review comments, questions, etc from Battlegroup members.
- Forward emails, where appropriate, from superior officers to the Battlegroup.
- Inform the Battlegroup of important events, competitions, etc.
- Completes BSFs for all Commodores and Elite Squadron Commanders under his/her command.
- Be familiar with primary reference materials (Training Manual, etc.)
- Be familiar with primary TIE Corps and Emperor's Hammer web pages (Emperor's Hammer domain, TIE Corps domain, TIE Corps roster, message board, etc.).
- Submissions for the Emperor's Hammer Newsletter (sent to the Executive Officer).
- Post/read the Emperor's Hammer Message Boards (where possible).
- Participate in competitions (where possible).
- Attend on-line meetings (where possible).
A Battlegroup Commander will have a heavy email and on-line load. It could be expected that 100-200 EH Members will contact a particular Battlegroup Commander in any given month (average 15-25 hours/month).
|TIE Corps Positions|
|TIE Corps Commander - Strategic Operations Officer - Combat Operations Officer|
|Flag Officer Positions|
|Simulations Officer - Warden|
|Squadron Commander - Flight Leader - Flight Member|
|Dean of IWATS - War Officer - Battlegroup Commander - Wing Commander|