The Squadron Commander manages the day to day operations of the squadron, including maintaining continuous contact with Flight Members, Flight Leaders, reviewing mission/battle performance and making recommendations to the Wing Commander for Medal awards and/or Rank/Position promotions. Squadron Commanders may select the Banners, Webpage Locations, Nicknames, and Mottoes of their Squadrons and Flights by using their database administration functions which is moderated by the Operations Officer and Flight Officer.
- Encourage and Motivate those under his/her command.
- Oversee the operation of the squadron.
- Provide Weekly Squadron reports to the squadron.
- Provide Monthly Squadron Evaluations to their Wing Commander.
- Create Squadron Competitions
- Keep in contact with Flight Members and Flight Leaders through the Squadron Gmail Group.
- Review medal recommendations from the squadron.
- Review comments, questions, etc from the squadron in a timely manner.
- Report to the Wing Commander with recommendations.
- Forward emails, where appropriate, from superior officers to the squadron.
- Inform the squadron of important events, competitions, etc.
- Completes BSFs for all pilots under his/her command.
- Be familiar with primary reference materials (Training Manual, etc).
- Be familiar with primary TIE Corps and Emperor's Hammer webpages (Emperor's Hammer domain, TIE Corps domain, TIE Corps roster, message board, etc.).
- Submissions for the Emperor's Hammer Newsletter (sent to the Executive Officer).
- Post/read the Emperor's Hammer message boards (where possible).
- Participate in competitions (where possible).
- Attend on-line meetings (where possible).
- Moderate amount of time
- Squadron Commanders must Maintain the Squadron Email Group and
- Must also create and distribute the Squadrons Weekly Squadron Reports (WSRs)
- Submit a Monthly Squadron Evaluations (MSE) to their Wing Commander by the deadline given.
- Answering E-Mail, forwarding files, battle submission forms, and promotion and medal requests will take most of the CMDRs time.
- A CMDR is also expected to maintain continuous contact and activity with his/her Squadron and Wing Commander via email. (average 4-10 hours/week).
|TIE Corps Positions|
|TIE Corps Commander - Strategic Operations Officer - Combat Operations Officer|
|Flag Officer Positions|
|Simulations Officer - Warden|
|Squadron Commander - Flight Leader - Flight Member|
|Dean of IWATS - War Officer - Battlegroup Commander - Wing Commander|