|Imperial II-class Star Destroyer Challenge|
The Storm's Eye
"Storm is our business, destruction our target, fear our ally"
|[ Source ]|
The Imperial II-class Star Destroyer Challenge is a ship of the Emperor's Hammer TIE Corps. It is currently assigned as the Command ship of Battlegroup III, and is home to Wing X.
History and Lineage
Opened February 7th, 1996, the Challenge was a member of Battlegroup II with its sister ship, the ISD Relentless. Split apart as part of a fleet realignment, the Challenge eventually settled in the TIE Corps Battlegroups, where it was the TIE Corps Flagship from 2006-2010. The TIE Corps Commander and the Strategic Operations Officer previously had their Command Offices on the ship. The Challenge is now, and has historically been, host to Wing X.
In June 2020, the Challenge was re-activated along with its assigned wing, Wing X. High Admiral Anahorn Dempsey was assigned as the ship's Commodore. Soon after its commissioning, HA Dempsey brought in former Typhoon pilot Denys Elara to be the ship's Wing Commander, who received the appointment rank of Lieutenant Colonel.
In July 2021, High Admiral Anahorn Dempsey retired and Vice Admiral Silwar Naiilo took the helm as commodore. In November 2021, the Challenge once again became the TIE Corps Flagship.
The Challenge has long been manned by some of the more unique personalities in the fleet, including but not limited to VA Zósite Kónstyte Styles, GN Elwood the Brave, RA Kate Cantor Flyer, HA Daniel Bonini, VA Corran Force, VA Locke Setzer, AD Silwar Naiilo, and HA Anahorn Dempsey, making it home to the most prodigious supply of liquor in the fleet. Chalquila is said to be some of the most feared alcohol in the fleet, used to power both the Challenge's pilots and their ships, as well as their enemies' fear.
Much of the Challenge's history is archived on the ISD-II Challenge Website, last updated in 2010.
- Raise the Flag 2021. The ISDII Challenge took first place and became the TIE Corps Flagship for 2021, hosting the TCCOM and SOO. Tempest Squadron took first place, becoming the TCCOM's Escort Squadron, and Phalk Sturm was the first-place pilot, earning the title of TCCOM's Wingman. The Challenge had nearly 100% participation from her pilots.
- Squadron ReMobilization 3. Tempest Squadron took second place and Firebird Squadron took third out of twelve squadrons. Participating members from both squadrons earned an MUA.
- TIE Corps in Battle Season 3. The Challenge took first place with 457 points; the Warrior was second with 330, and the Hammer third with 265. All participants earned an MUA.
- Imperial Storm 3 (Results). The Challenge took first place with 30,355 points; the Hammer was second with 22,490; and the Warrior was third with 20,225. All participants earned an MUA.
- EH TIE Corps Flagship 2009/2010
- EH TIE Corps Flagship 2008/2009
- EH TIE Corps Flagship 2007/2008
- EH TIE Corps Flagship 2006/2007
- Defeated MC-80B Redemption (April/May 2007)
- TIE Corps Battlegroups Flagship 2006/2007
- TIE Corps Battlegroups Flagship 2005/2006
- TCCOM's Own (December 2005)
- TCCOM's Own (November 2005)
- TCCOM's Own (October 2005)
- TCCOM's Own (September 2005)
- TCCOM's Own (July 2005)
- Defeated ISD Relentless (March 2005)
- ECR VI Champions (October 2004)
- File:ISDII Challenge Newsletter -1.pdf - January 2022
- File:Fathers Day Special.pdf - June 2022
|name||tour of duty||time held|
|AD Stryker||Dec 19 2022||current|
|AD Silwar Naiilo||Jul 1 2021||Dec 11 2022||17 months|
|HA Anahorn Dempsey||Jun 27 2020||Jun 30 2021||12 months|
|RA Angel||May 29 2008||Jan 25 2008||8 months|
|VA Maverick||Feb 2008||Mar 2008||1 month|
|RA Darklord||Jun 1 2007||Jan 23 2007||8 months|
|HA Daniel Bonini||Oct 10 2006||Apr 14 2007||7 months|
|VA Coranel Both||Jul 24 2006||Oct 10 2006||3 months|
|RA Granite||Mar 28 2006||Jul 24 2006||3 months|
|RA Kate Cantor Flyer||Jan 16 2006||Mar 11 2006||2 months|
|VA Maverick||July 2005||Nov 2005||5 months|
|RA Prost Varsis||July 2005||July 2005||1 day|
|VA Locke Setzer||Feb 19 2005||Jul 24 2005||5 months|
|VA Stuart||Aug 28 2004||Feb 19 2005||6 months|
|RA Locke Setzer||May 29 2004||Aug 22 2004||3 months|
|RA Phantom||Dec 12 2003||May 29 2004||5 months|
|RA Sephiroth||Apr 18 2003||Dec 8 2003||8 months|
|RA Charles Spencer||Apr 8 2003||Jun 2 2003||2 months|
|RA Mairin Astoris||Oct 27 2002||Mar 30 2003||5 months|
|RA Corran Force||Jun 16 2002||Oct 20 2002||4 months|
|RA Mell Kerrigan||May 6 2002||Jun 16 2002||1 month|
|RA Locke Setzer||Feb 2 2002||May 2 2002||3 months|
|RA Manitsas||Apr 19 2001||Dec 1 2001||8 months|
|VA Corran Force||May 1 2000||Apr 17 2001||12 months|
|RA Torres||Aug 11 1999||Apr 1 2000||9 months|
|HA Striker||May 8 1999||May 10 1999||2 days|
|GA Rapier||Jan 1998||Mar 1998||2 months|
Former Wing Commanders
|name||tour of duty||time held|
|LC Denys Elara||Aug 19 2020||current|
|COL Domi||Jun 14 2008||Aug 3 2009||14 months|
|GN Angel||Jun 26 2007||May 29 2008||11 months|
|COL Darklord||Oct 17 2006||Jun 1 2007||7 months|
|COL Daniel Bonini||Mar 5 2006||Oct 10 2006||7 months|
|COL Locke Setzer||Dec 7 2005||Jan 11 2006||1 month|
|GN Coranel Both||Nov 20 2004||Nov 1 2005||11 months|
|VA BubbaX||Sep 19 2004||Nov 16 2004||2 months|
|COL Bill Kelso||Jun 29 2004||Sep 19 2004||3 months|
|COL Sephiroth||May 29 2004||Jun 22 2004||1 month|
|MAJ Exar Kit||Apr 11 2004||May 29 2004||1 month|
|COL Master||Sep 27 2003||Mar 30 2004||6 months|
|MAJ Frey Gallandro||Apr 21 2003||Sep 21 2003||6 months|
|LC Sephiroth||Nov 11 2002||Apr 18 2003||5 months|
|GN Mairin Astoris||Dec 17 2001||Oct 27 2002||10 months|
|SL Corran Horn||Dec 9 2001||Dec 11 2001||12 months|
|GN Darklord||Apr 20 2001||Dec 3 2001||8 months|
|COL Manitsas||Mar 15 2001||Apr 19 2001||1 month|
|GN Darklord||May 13 2000||Mar 14 2001||10 months|
|AD Nighthawk||Jan 6 2000||May 13 2000||2 months|
|RA Corran Force||Aug 20 1999||Jan 5 2000||4 months|
|HA Striker||May 10 1999||Aug 18 1999||3 months|
|HA Striker||Mar 23 1999||May 8 1999||1 month|
NPCs of the ISDII Challenge
See also: NPCs of the ISDII Challenge
- LC Denys Elara, Wing Commander of Wing X
- LT Billam, Communications Officer, ISDII Challenge Bridge
- To be added: entries from Real Heroes of the Challenge
Order of Battle
The ISD-II Challenge is an Imperial II class Star Destroyer, and as such is fully equipped with up to six full squadrons of twelve starfighters each. Currently, there are six starfighter squadrons assigned to the ship:
|Squadron||Nickname||Objective||Commander||Flight I||Flight II||Flight III||Commissioned on|
|Eagle||Birds of Prey||Infiltration||CM Odin Stronheart||T-65B X-wing||T-65B X-wing||T-65B X-wing||Dec 19, 2020|
|Firebird||The Lyin' Eyes||Reconnaissance||COL Triji Boliv||T-65B X-wing||RZ-1 A-wing||RZ-1 A-wing||Oct 7, 2020|
|Raven||The Unkindness||Heavy Support||CM Atashi Rain||Shadow-class Y-Wing||Shadow-class Y-Wing||Shadow-class Y-Wing||Jul 10, 2022|
|Tempest||Riders on the Storm||Deep Strike||CPT Colo Delste||TIE/D Defender||Tempest-class TIE Punisher||Tempest-class TIE Punisher||Sep 16, 2020|
|Thunder||Stormbringers||Assassination||MAJ LegionX||TIE/Ph Phantom Mk.I||TIE/Ph Phantom Mk.I||TIE/Ph Phantom Mk.I||Jul 10, 2020|
As part of a Battlegroup, the ISD-II Challenge has many support craft:
- Modified Immobiliser-418 Cruiser ''Fairchild''
- Assault Frigate Mk.I ''Illustrious''
- Nebulon B-class Frigate ''Thunderchild''
- Arquitens-class Light Cruiser ''Hellfire''
- Arquitens-class Light Cruiser ''Surefire''
- Strike-class Medium Cruiser ''Hermes''
- MC-40-class Cruiser ''Roost''
- Raider-class Corvette ''Lightning''
- Raider-class Corvette ''Blizzard''
- TIE/Reaper squadron ''Gust''
- Lambda-class, Escort-class, and Heavy-class Lambda Shuttle squadron ''Monsoon''
- Utility ship squadron ''Stormcloud''